Friday, October 29, 2010

Chicken soup for the actor's soul

Okay. So, here's the scoop.

I'm an actress.

<3

Some people don't understand why actor's feel the need to FEEL. My answer to that? I have no clue. I certainly act because i feel. I want to help others feel. And, i've noticed a connection to real life lately. If you are afraid to say something in real life, or to truly be yourself, you cannot do that in acting. For some reason, it seems the weaknesses in an actor's real life are their same weaknesses on the stage. That is why actors are insecure about their work.

but so what?

so what if people know what you really feel? Be courageous enough to share your soul with other human beings. It's liberating, it's touching sometimes. It's like chicken soup to a sickly person. And if you do it right, that sickly person was from the audience.

So, my chicken soup for actors? Feel. be vulnerable. open up. what is the worst that could happen if you open up a little bit and be more courageous in your real life? [and i mean courageous, without forgetting tact]

That being said, be smart. Don't do things that you would feel bad about doing in real life. Your character onstage is just an extention of you, in different circumstances. Don't be pressured into doing anything stupid. Power comes from within, and it's only when we respect ourselves that we can have full reign of that power.

so.
live.
breathe.
cry.
be vulnerable.
smile and mean it.
keep your standards.
be courageous.
THAT will be your chicken soup for life, my acting friends.

over and out,
yellow. <3

still up and coming: My list of things to do before I die. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment